BESPOKE, PREMIUM QUALITY ARTISTS' CANVAS
We KNOW how to make canvas... !
ETH Fine Artists' Canvas is the PREFERRED CHOICE OF CANVAS for artists around the country (and beyond!) – give your work the gift of immortality…and here are some reasons why....
- All our products are designed by artists, for artists – many, many years of testing, practice and development on both the practical and technical side, has resulted in a premium product that supersedes expectation in what it delivers!
Example: Colour is a reflection of light. The tooth on our signature product is designed to geometrically increase the surface area of the canvas, so that light is reflected off a wider surface and consistent angular pattern. The result? More, brighter, richer, colour.
- Highly skilled artisans - cumulative trade and craft experience of over 100 years (frame-building, stretching, priming and preparation of the canvas etc)
- Unique tong-and-groove construction system providing superior frame stability and continued longevity
- Crossbars installed where required – anything over 750mm for a box and anything over 1000mm for a 23mm stretcher
- No staples or glue used in frame construction
- Double / triple hand-priming and sanding technique according to artist’s specification (clear primer available)
- Premium water-based primer which perfectly prepares and seals the linen to accept any medium (oil, acrylic, water, resin….)
- Size is no issue, ranging from 100 mm x 100 mm to as wide as what the canvas will allow
- Any profile (depth) frame, ranging from 18mm (slim) to 100mm
- Wedges hand-cut and pre-fitted (available on boxes up to a depth of 50 mm)
- On-site dis-assemblies / transport / installation
- Premium, imported raw materials, hand-selected kiln-dried blonde timber
- All our frames (and packaging crates) are fumigated, and certified for export as per International Customs regulations
- All frames are rebated so the canvas doesn’t touch the frame when pressed on during the painting process
- Where required, beading is automatically included, so as to prevent the frame from touching the crossbars during the painting process. (included on circular canvasses as well)
Read more REVIEWS from our extensive network of artists from around the country.
Above all, ETH Canvas sees your art from your point of view… – your artistic vision is our creative mission.